By Urban Metalwork & Design Studio
The Wide Mailbox by Urban Metalwork & Design Studio is a low profile, minimalist Mailbox designed specifically for fixing to either Timber or Steel posts.
The design allows for a fully concealed fixing method giving the Mailbox a “floating” appearance on the post it’s fixed to.
Wide Mailboxes have the option of being Right Hand Side Flanged or Left Hand Side Flanged, for flexibility on fixing in either direction.
The image provided at the top of this page shows a Wide Mailbox as a “Right Hand Side Flanged” version.
Wide Mailbox – Corten Steel
Wide Mailbox – Powdercoated
All Wide Mailboxes are available in Powdercoated finishes upon request.
Wide Mailbox – Pre-Weathered & Sealed
All Wide Mailboxes are available in a Pre-Weathered finish, with a clear coat seal applied to stop the issues of leaching & dripping, available upon request only.
Wide Mailbox – Numbered
All Wide Mailboxes are also available customised with your property number cut into the flange.
Wide Mailbox – No Junk Mail
All Wide Mailboxes are also available customised with “No Junk Mail” only, or with your property number cut into the flange.
The “No Junk Mail” text comes supplied with either a White, Stainless Steel or Perspex backing for waterproofing the mailbox.
Corten Steel Numbers
3mm Thick Corten Steel numbers, for direct fixing to Mailboxes, Posts, Fences and more, available in 2 sizes.
Rustic Timber Posts
To compliment our Wide Mailbox, we also have 2 style of Rustic Timber Posts available.
240mm x 100mm HW Bridge Deck.
150mm x 100mm Red Gum.
Posts are on average between 1300mm and 1600mm long, subject to stock on hand at time of order.
Wide Mailbox Kit
Urban Metalwork offer a Mailbox Kit, which includes the Mailbox, Post of your choice and Corten Numbers if required.
We can supply this with the Mailbox already installed and fixed to the post, along with the numbers fixed to the post, ready for installation.
When fitting the Mailbox to a Timber Post, your fixings will go from the inside of your Mailbox (the side which butts up against the post) and through into the side of the post.
You can pre-drill holes in the side of the Mailbox first if required.
Note the size of your post before pre-drilling holes to ensure the screw locations will be in line with your post.
The rear door of the Mailbox is large enough to fit a Cordless Drill inside for inserting the screws.
For further information, please contact us via Email.
The Wide Mailbox is fabricated from 3mm thick Corten Weathering Steel.
The finished weight of the product is approximately 12kgs.
- All Wide Mailboxes are supplied as Right Hand Side Flanged, unless specified otherwise.
- The standard flange on the Wide Mailbox is 240mm long. This is to suit our 240mm posts. Flanges can be extended or cut down to size, upon request.
- All Wide Mailboxes are supplied with a Quarter Turn lock & key.
- Posts are not included with the Wide Mailbox.
- A range of Steel Posts are available, upon request via Urban Metalwork & Design Studio.
- Accessories such as Posts, Base Plates, Base Pavers & Loose Numbers are available via Urban Metalwork & Design Studio.
- A complete kit is available, ready for installation, with the Wide Mailbox, Loose Numbers & the Post included, all assembled at Urban Metalwork’s factory.
- Please contact us for further information on any of the above notes.